· Register your mobile phone with your service provider.
· Take careful note of your unique 15 digit mobile phone International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. By pressing *#06# on your phone keypad the IMEI will appear on the screen.
· Enable the PIN Security feature and keep your phone locked at all times.
· When out and about, keep your mobile phone out of public view, be streetwise and always be aware of your surroundings.
· Never leave your mobile phone behind in an unattended vehicle.
· If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, contact your mobile phone service provider immediately to suspend your service and prevent unauthorised calls being made and billed to you.
· Your provider will block your SIM card and IMEI number to prevent your phone from being used on the mobile network.
· Report the loss or theft to the Police, providing identification numbers for your SIM card and IMEI number. This information may assist in the recovery of your mobile phone.
Tablet device owners should take great care of their property. It only takes a moment of distraction for a thief to take your Tablet device. Along with cash, laptops and tablets are the most common items taken in burglaries.
The cost of replacing the data contained on the device can sometimes cost more than replacing the hardware itself.